We are working with a leading global professional services firm currently wishing to expand their London Rewards practice with experienced Executive Compensation Associates. The main focus of this team is advising Remuneration Committees, Boards and senior management on levels of pay, incentive design, choosing and setting performance targets, corporate governance, packages for joiners and leavers. You would be involved in helping companies undergoing change from start-ups and IPOs to disposals and acquisitions, compensation consulting, operational benchmarking, and best practice research with specific focus in the growth areas of Financial Services, FinTech, Technology and Life Sciences.
As an Executive Compensation Senior Consultant key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting private companies designing compensation structures specific to their needs.
- Building client relationships and being key contact with clients.
- Project managing client engagements involving assessing business challenges, designing solutions and managing the RFP process with the client, procurement and legal.
- Responsibility for execution/client delivery of high calibre professional advice including client reports.
- Developing and training team members on execution/client delivery.
- Technical knowledge on Executive Compensation. To include UK corporate governance on Executive Compensation, incentive design including selection of performance measures, performance calibration, equity plan valuations, benchmarking and ideally financial services regulation.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the firm’s Risk and Compliance policies.
As a Senior Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous experience as a remuneration consultant, ideally within financial services. This experience may have been gained through an in-house Reward, consulting or legal background.
- Strong interpersonal skills, building and managing client relationships.
- Proven experience of mentoring a team.
- Good communication skills – both written and face-to-face, ability to simplify and summarise complex information based on client needs.
- Ability to manage stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple initiatives.
- Articulate with clients and staff providing practical context when communicating technical knowledge of Executive Compensation, including UK Executive Compensation governance, investor relations and legal requirements.
- A thorough understanding of remuneration and the issues affecting reward.
- Incentive design experience, including selection of performance measures and performance calibration.
- Ideally (but not essential), an understanding of the financial services remuneration regulations, their background, application and likely future development. Experience of advising on their application and implementation.
- An interest in and/or a sound understanding of at least one of financial services, technology and life sciences sectors, the current challenges and outlook.
- Professional qualification (Accountant, Actuary, Legal, CFA, other relevant) and degree level education preferred.
Great salary and benefits, flexible working considered.