BIRMINGHAM, MANCHESTER, LONDON
This well-established Restructuring team within one of the largest independent accounting and consulting firms, whose work consists of complex advisory assignments and insolvency appointments across the UK and overseas, is currently looking for a Restructuring Manager. Working on some high-profile restructuring and insolvency appointments and advising several global financial institutions on restructuring and dispute related assignments, as Restructuring Manager you need to be capable of identifying and interpreting insolvency procedures in order to proactively manage a portfolio of case work, whilst also being responsible for compliance, budgets and billing.
Key tasks will include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients with minimal supervision, providing a timely and profitable service in accordance with the firm’s highest professional standards
- Assisting partners and directors in preparing and pitching for new assignments
- Developing opportunities to win work and identify and support the development of new products and services
- Providing relevant, commercial and innovative solutions to client issues.
- Liaising with stakeholders, preparing reports and recommendations for lenders and other stakeholders
- Applying technical knowledge appropriately in the context of individual clients and display both skill and speed in resolving client problems.
- Managing and supporting junior members of the team, carrying out regular reviews, setting clear and stretching goals and objectives within the department/team and leading the team to deliver those.
- Being the lead contact with multiple client relationships
Criteria for the role:
- Experienced restructuring professional, with previous experience in managing and delivering business reviews, winddown and contingency planning
- Able to deal with difficult, complex problems
- Previous project management experience and experience of managing a team.
- Must have a keen interest in developing and maintaining a network of contacts in the restructuring market.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 5 years post qualification experience appropriate for this role, including managing projects, independent business reviews, short-term cash flow reviews, accelerated sales processes, contingency planning and execution and insolvency appointments (including pre-packaged administration appointments).
- Whilst not essential, further insolvency qualifications such as CPI and/or JIEB would be useful
Competitive salary, flexible and hybrid working with offices throughout the UK. Great benefits and plenty of opportunities to further develop your restructuring and insolvency career.