One of London’s leading Financial Services firms is looking for a Loan Operations Manager, who will assist with the management, development and allocation of a multi-million-pound fund.
From the get-go, you will be expected to handle every aspect of the operational activity involved in the entire life cycle management and administration of loans, which are managed by the firm, on behalf of the fund and including Co-Investment arrangements.
Commercial acumen and business analysis will be highly beneficial in this position. In addition, a clear understanding of IBR and/or loan management will greatly assist your ability to manage the extensive portfolio of projects, which the companies have invested in.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight and day-to-day management of the transactions post-closing
- Working and communicating with key company directors
- Review of complex loan and security documentation and preparation of key control sheets for deadlines and key events through the life cycle of the transaction
- Manage the operational process of closing, reconciliation of funding and booking of new investments
- Manage all subsequent life cycle activity, specifically, post-closing/condition subsequent events, waivers and monthly reporting etc. through to eventual repayment
- Monitor cash and loan reconciliation reports and be first point of contact for resolution and escalation
- Support the quarterly investor reporting and internal control processes
- Analysis and breakdown of monthly reports from borrowers and reporting to Central Fund
- Monitor and enforce loan conditions and covenants
- Review and compare budgets to financial reporting
- Liaise with solicitors, valuers, agents and advisors
- Visit borrowers and respective assets throughout Europe
- Provide input into financial reporting templates
Key attributes and skills:
- Extremely diligent, analytical and commercially minded
- Project/ process management experience
- Hands on approach, willingness to ‘get stuck in’
- Highly personable and communicative
- Able to liaise and build strong business relationships
- Detail orientated
- Experience in either IBR or loan management essential
- Additional language skills (Spanish, French, German) – preferred, but not essential
- Relevant university degree – 2:1 or above
This role has opened due to the fast-growing nature of both the industry and the company and will join a highly regarded and professional team. With incomprehensible progression opportunities, an above average base salary and an extremely generous bonus scheme (between 25 and 50%). This is your chance to make this position the definition of success and it has never been any simpler.