Website Harvey Sutton
£35 – £40K
Our leading client’s London based Corporate Simplification team seeks to bolster its ranks with the hire of an associate with some practical liquidation experience.
The team principally delivers Members’ Voluntary Liquidation (MVL) engagements for a broad range of clients across all sectors/industries in the UK. These engagements range from dormant company eliminations to large, recently traded entities, partnerships, PLCs and Investment Trusts, and from single entity eliminations to multi-entity Legal Entity Rationalisation (LER) projects. The team also assists clients with capital reduction and strike off engagements, and occasionally carries out Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations (CVLs).
- Complete pre-liquidation client and engagement acceptance procedures
- Assist with pre-liquidation due diligence and preparatory steps (which occasionally may include working at client sites)
- Produce statutory documentation to effect the liquidations/appointment of liquidators and advise clients on execution
- Complete statutory filing, advertisement and notification requirements
- Assist with day-to-day matters, including: realising assets/dealing with creditors claims/obtaining tax clearances from HM Revenue & Customs/corresponding with and making distributions to shareholders/writing reports
- Monitor case progression and comply with case compliance matters
- Assist the management group with company research, business development initiatives and other ad hoc tasks.
- Some liquidation experience (including MVLs and/or CVLs/compulsory liquidations) with the drive to progress and develop a career in Corporate Simplification
- Desire to study for further professional qualifications relevant to the role and progress in the team
- Experience using Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint and IPS or equivalent insolvency software systems
- Ability to produce accurate, clear, structured and concise written work with good spelling/use of grammar and keen attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/engagements with changing priorities/deadlines and remain focused in the face of challenge
- Ability to communicate clearly/concisely and work as part of a team
- Willingness to get involved with business development and work winning activity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and progress own cases to conclusion
- Ability to be flexible in their working environment, with a mixture of working from home and the office
- Experience of working within a dedicated Corporate Simplification team
- CPI or ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency qualification
- University degree is preferable, but not a strict requirement
- Smart and professional manner
- Three A levels (C grades or above, or equivalent) with GCSE in Maths and English
Please forward your CV for consideration for this role.